Welcome to my Blog!

Life is Grand. Life is Random. Life Hurts. Life Comforts. Life Gives. Life Takes. Life Loves and You're Not Alone nor Lost

Love The Rambler








6.03.2014

A Good Idea








The power of a good idea is nearly impossible to quantify.  For me ideas come in and ideas go out. In and out of style and in and out of my ears too.   I am haunted by a new idea as the clock strikes the hour. Every hour.  Its not that there aren't enough ideas, its that there may be too many. It's no shortage of ideas, but maybe really profound ones.  I love looking back on my years and seeing the different seasons I found myself in.  The waves I've ridden of old ideas, new ideas and just relevant ideas ebbing and flowing with the changing of spring to summer and so on.

What constitutes a good idea? What makes it relevant? Why can the same words fall on deaf ears that cause me to weep?  How do I have an "Ah HA!" moment while others stare blankly into nothing?  I suppose we are all in need of a different question being answered. I suppose we are each asking a different question.  We can find ourselves in identical situations yet we all see things from different angles and perspectives.  Coming together to share our best ideas is the place where creating takes place.  Whether we are creating a change in careers, self identity, friendships, big adventures, attitude or the food we eat we are looking. Searching. Longing.

The top ideas I took away from this year's TEDx Mile High event: Women} were the following:
1. You never know why someone needs you to find a way to say yes to them.
2. Cooperation is about working and leading from the bottom up.
3. Poetic expression may seem jumbled but its intent is not to tell you a story, but rather let you receive your own story.
4. When people come together under duress to create beautiful music it heals, it restores.
5. Creating an alternate response from a silent character is just reasonable.
6. Set aside the dissolution of making your life balanced and start making your life integrated.
7. Invite others outside of your comfort zone to sit at your table.
8. Take someone's treasure headed for the trash and pass it on with love and care to another.
9. Weight loss is sexy, you get new clothes and people congratulate you. Weight maintenance isn't sexy, you don't get new clothes, and no one congratulates you for looking the same.
10. Start asking questions that you don't already know the answer to.
11. You can't get a well rounded story if you don't send both a man and a woman to the scene to report on it.

So happy 33rd Birthday to me! I couldn't be in better company, at a more inspiring event, learning more the way I love to learn!  May I wrangle and bridle my ideas into something complete and polished. May I let the good stay awhile and let the bad keep on going. May I come to a still peace that I can NOT do. it . ALL!  And thats ok.  What I have will be good enough and what I dream of will be realized maybe in heaven ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment