Welcome to my Blog!

Life is Grand. Life is Random. Life Hurts. Life Comforts. Life Gives. Life Takes. Life Loves and You're Not Alone nor Lost

Love The Rambler








4.01.2012

All Is Well With My Soul...

As the old hymn spoke I sang its truth. My soul was well and I was warmed by the gentle nudge from God that said "Yes I am still here". I get so humbled when God is doing such evident work. When a prayer is answered when a blaring un ignorable manifestation is being done almost with an asterisk sign next to it that says *God, or maybe #YesItsMeGod .  I will share some thoughts from the The 40 Day Soul Fast book that I've been working out of just as it IS well with my soul...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 16:26
New Living Translation (NLT)
26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?[a] Is anything worth more than your soul?
------The soul is the seat of intention, conscience, and choice. It’s the governing mechanism of your life, which in turn is either governed by Christ , the world or the enemy. What you allow to govern your soul is what you are tethered to.  Remember  that hoping in God will always reconnect and anchor you to His saving grace. This hope will purify you and will detoxify your soul. It will clear away the impurities and cause your best, most authentic self to come forth.
 Jeremiah 6:16
New Living Translation (NLT)
 16 This is what the LORD says:
   “Stop at the crossroads and look around.
      Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
   Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
      But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’
 Galatians 5:1
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

 -----Some of the most prevalent and misunderstood things that keep people from running with purpose and certainty are the toxic thoughts and lethal strongholds within their souls- memories of painful experiences, destructive habits, emotional attachments, misplaced desires, limiting beliefs and narrow objectives undermine purpose, meaning and lasting fulfillment. Unaddressed these things will cause you to go through life feeling weighed down with a burdened soul.
 Romans 7:23
The Message (MSG)
21-23It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.
 Matthew 11:29
New Living Translation (NLT)
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

  -----Just as a mirror, which reflects all things, is set in its own container, so too the rational soul is placed in the fragile container of the body. In this way, the body is governed in its earthly life by the soul, and the soul contemplates heavenly things through faith – Hildegard of Binden
 Hebrews 4:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall.

----The word soul comes from the Hebrew word nephesh which refers to ‘breathing, thinking being with passion, appetite and emotion. Also ‘complete life of a being’
 Isaiah 58:6
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
 6 "Here is the way I want you to fast.
   "Set free those who are held by chains without any reason.
      Untie the ropes that hold people as slaves.
   Set free those who are crushed.
      Break every evil chain.


------Fasting is a spiritually and socially transforming practice, it helps us to identify the grave injustices around us, acknowledge and take responsibility for our participation and complicity in such injustice, and prepares us to act with God to transform ourselves and our world -Rev Noelle Damico


-------More important than purging our souls of toxic lies, is to nourish them with the truth
 Psalm 119:29-32
The Message (MSG)
  25-32 I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse!
      Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
   When I told my story, you responded;
      train me well in your deep wisdom.
   Help me understand these things inside and out
      so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
   My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
      build me up again by your Word.
   Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
      grace me with your clear revelation.
   I choose the true road to Somewhere,
      I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
   I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
      God, don't let me down!
   I'll run the course you lay out for me
      if you'll just show me how.

--------The soul  gives a person the mental faculty to make decisions including judgment, discernment, discretion, volition, prudence, judiciousness, discrimination, conviction, belief, and faith. Its divinely ordained and comprised of a person’s temperament, personality, proclivities, mindset, disposition destiny and purpose.
 Matthew 7:25
 (ESV)
 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
-Being authentic is the ability to make self honoring choices and stand firmly in who we are at our core. Being true to ourselves gives us the insight and compassion to see others for who they are, not who we expect them to be. It frees us up from the judgment of ourselves and others and it gives others the freedom to be themselves as well. – Victoria J Reynolds

-------Jesus, Noah, Moses, and Elijah were sustained for 40 days and then received supernatural manifestations from God. Submitting to 40 is about cleansing, alignment, preparing and loosing…
 1 Corinthians 9:26/ 9:24
 24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
 26 I therefore so run, as not uncertainly; so fight I, as not beating the air:

-------Living authentically, in its simplest terms, is living your truth, the truth in your heart and soul.  Learning to live authentically is empowerment
 Hebrews 12:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.


More scripture:
 Luke 6:39 NKJV
James 1:5
John 8:32 NIV
Matthew 21:21
Hebrews 6:19
Col 1:5
1 John 3:3
Romans 5:2

(Unless otherwise noted comments are from The 40 Day Soul Fast By Dr Cindy Trimm)

No comments:

Post a Comment